Margaret Van Amelsvoort-Thoms
Senior Leadership and Career Coach
Margaret Van Amelsvoort-Thoms is a bilingual Senior Leadership Facilitator. She is also a former Director General with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS).
After a 35 years career in the public service, of which 30 years were spent in a wide range of human resources roles, Ms. Van Amelsvoort-Thoms retired in April 2018. Before her retirement, she was the Executive Director, People Management & Community Engagement at the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board Secretariat. In this role, she was responsible for supporting transformation of human resources, including the business model; facilitating strategic planning for human resources decision-making; HR community capacity-building; and people management policies such as Employment Equity, performance management and Values and Ethics.
In 2018, she was the recipient of the Human Resources Council Michelle C. Comeau Award for Career Contribution in Human Resources in the public service. Since retirement, Margaret has provided strategic human resources consulting and coaching services to various departments.
- Special Advisor to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board Secretariat of Canada (EX 3)
- Executive Director, People Management and Community Engagement, Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board Secretariat of Canada (EX 3)
- Senior Director of Values, Ethics and Conflict Management, Canada Border Services Agency (EX 2)
- Director General, Human Resources Programs & Headquarters Operations, Canada Border Services Agency (EX 2)
- Director HR Programs, Canada Border Services Agency (EX 1)